Good Mood Mondays
I hope you all enjoyed your weekend! I know I did. Summer weekends in New York tend to be loaded with new adventures. As the heat settles, the waves of tourists explode into the streets of midtown. And I run in the opposite direction. So while I dodged the millions of people in the heat of the city this Gay Pride Weekend, I thought about all the wonderful things I am grateful for that put me in a good mood as I head into work.
1. A surprisingly good book. I am currently reading The Poisonwood Bible by Barbara Kingsolver. This one took me a while to get into but now I’m in so deep into the Congo, I don’t want to ever put the book down!
2. Good weather. The weather this past week has been absolutely beautiful here (minus the downpour that delayed the game on Friday). But it turned out alright.
3. Joe Fresh. Thanks to some good friends, I was informed of the sale at Joe Fresh last week. I made out like a bandit, buying a white lace shirt, grey skirt, green maxi dress, and a comfy tank for only $70. I have worn all four items already and am obsessed. My summer shopping is complete.
4. Good Friends. I spent the weekend with some amazing friends, both from Ohio and new friends here in the city. I found out one of my closest Ohio State pals will be moving here with her boyfriend at the end of July. That is so soon! I also received a lovely email from Amy telling me just how much she misses me – and that put me in an amazing mood!
5. Vacations. I really have no huge vacations planned this year but I feel like a million little weekend vacations are creeping up on me. This weekend I get to have a girls weekend with my college roommate who is currently living out side of Washington, D.C. We are still trying to figure out what to do – Dierks Bentley concert at Asbury Park, NJ or should I go explore DC with her? Decisions, decisions.
6. New York Subways. I know this is a weird thing to put me in a good mood but it is such an amazing system! You can essentaially get anywhere in Manhattan (or Brooklyn/Queens/Bronx) with the swipe of a card. And since I have an unlimited pass ($104/month), I feel like I can explore everywhere for free. No car payments, no insurance payments, and no gas!
8. Piggy Back Rides.You know you love them too.
9. Being productive. For some reason, I have been very productive at work lately. I get into projects and don’t really want to stop to go home. Scary.
10. The [W]Indians. The fact that I have already been to two MLB games in the last week will not hold me back from going to another one tonight. Especially when it is the Indians vs. Yankees on Monday Night Baseball. Roll Tribe!
11. Music. A few months ago, my friends all decided they were going to buy tickets to Governors Ball on Randall Island. I opted out due to the fact that there were no country bands. And I really just thought it was going to a mosh of people throwing their bodies around. But, on Saturday, when Josh texted me it was nothing like I expected, I bought a ticket and took a cab on up. It was an amazing night and I am sad I didn’t think it would be. We sat on a hill, ate great food, and listened to so great music (from far away, not in involved in any mashing).