Good Mood Monday
I am split – I feel that half the people I know are working today and half the people I know are not. I fall in the latter, happily. So, to those of you reading that at work, enjoy.
1. Spontaneity. I love when things progress naturally and you find yourself in places you had no intention of being when the day began. Like when you go shopping for that dining room table you just can’t seem to find, then grab a Ginger Shandi next door, then have a friend meet you for a few more, then head to a speakeasy for…
2. A Good Drink. …and some amazing bites and conversation, then head to Back Forty for dinner and then are home by 11 even though it feels like 2:00 am.
3. Sleeping In. Then you are really tired on Sunday but it’s busy so you are out and about all day when the realization hits you – it’s President’s Day tomorrow so you can sleep in. Isn’t that awesome?
4. Training. Speaking of busy days (and spontaneity), Friday I decided to sign up for my first half marathon which is in May. So, let the training begin!
5. Patterns. Loving all the patterns and colors and wanting so bad to use them in my apartment.
6. That Moment of Spring. On Friday if you walked down just the right avenues where the sun was peeking between the buildings, you could pretend like it was actually 60 degrees and spring is on its way. And then yesterday happened crushing all of your hopes. (Is mid-February when everyone starts to be ready? No — Gap, Ann Taylor, and Loft have been ready since December 26th.)
7. Beautiful New Plates. I’ve had my eye on these lovely plates from Anthropologie for months. Finally went on sale and I snatched 2 instantly.
8. Wrapping Gifts. with twine…and green tissue paper…with a beautiful card.
9. New York City. Sometimes I just have to remind myself where I live and take time to look around.
10. And this song…