Good Mood Monday
I had one of the best weekends, relaxing but busy. Spending quality time with one of the most important people in my life, my brother. He came to visit for his birthday and we kept ourselves occupied for hours upon hours. I was so excited to have him and cannot wait for him to come back.
1. Martin Luther King, Jr. He is such an inspiration to this country, driving change and defining moments. He is one of those people in history that you just have to listen to, have to feel. One of America’s great protagonists. Pray for many more.
2. Lazy Mondays. I am going to be honest with you — I was so lazy today. And I know, I know, it’s MLK day and we should all be giving back like he encourages, but I just couldn’t get myself to do it. You can judge me but I hope that I am doing goodwill in many other ways as I am out and about in this city.
3. Northern Spy. Zachary has never had the chance to experience Josh and I’s favorite restaurant. So we obviously had to go…
4. Dingy Bars. And while we waited, we had beers at dingy bars and chatted.
5. Good Reads. I even was able to finish book #2 of the year. More on that later though…
6. Brother. I know I told you I was excited to have Zach visit but I truly can’t explain in words how much I miss him when he is gone. He’s the kind of person you can talk to about anything, you can debate, and you can enlighten. It’s amazing to have a person like that in your life; mine just happens to be my brother.
7. Brooklyn. We spent Saturday exploring Brooklyn, a dream come true. We visited Red Hook then strolled up Smith Street through Carroll Gardens and Park Slope towards Brooklyn Heights. We ate pizza at Grimaldi’s and then headed to Williamsburg. A long and beautiful day.
8. Beer. The main reason for visiting Brooklyn was to visit Sixpoint Brewery. We only were able to see the beautiful doors but were able to enjoy a cream ale off the draft of a nearby bar. Later we took the “Erf”, or East River Ferry, up to the Brooklyn Brewery and enjoyed playing cards and perfect beer.
9. Bucks. …All while watching the Bucks play on our iPhones. What did we do before technology?
10. And This Song…