Good Mood Monday
From Thanksgiving (or even the hurricane) until right now, at this very moment, I feel like my life has not stopped. Work has been my escape from all of the travel, the birthdays, the family moments. It was all completely worth it but now I get to relax and snuggle back into normalcy. But my good moods never went away…
1. Late Night Chow. You know those nights when you are out late and you may have had a few many drinks starting at about 3:00 pm? (Don’t judge, there was a wedding!) The only thing you want to do at midnight is devour a piece of pizza. Better yet, watch everyone else at the wedding devour pizza.
2. Splurging. We rented a car for the weekend home, per the usual. Somehow we ended up with a Challenger instead of a Camry. Needless to say, we got places faster than normal and had fun cruising.
3. Lifelong Friends. Those friends you have known forever, know you better than anyone, can instantly tell is something is wrong, or better, can instantly tell when everything is right. I had them by my side all day Saturday.
4. Weddings. If you couldn’t tell by now, Josh and I went home for our friends Leah and Jon’s wedding this weekend. Everything was beautiful — most important the Bride and Groom!
5. Live Music. When a saxophone player walks around the bar.
6. Health. Finally feeling 100% again. Time to get that flu shot, I suppose.
7. Cycle. The law firm I work for is participating in Cycle for Survival this March and I am so excited to be a part of the team. Don’t worry, I will not pester you for money, but you may get an email soon about helping me out in any way you can. All of the money raised goes to the Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center for research of rare cancers. We have been spinning away to be sure we are in shape!
8. Basketball from Afar. Are you like me and get really nervous when Ohio State (or insert team you love) plays a really good team and you think they may lose — or even more nerve-racking, you think they may win? The Bucks played Michigan yesterday, the number 2 team in the country. I couldn’t watch so I got thumbs ups/thumbs down from across the terminal at the airport waiting for our delayed plane. I still bit off all my nails. But we also won.
9. Siblings. Remember when I was talking about lifelong friends? My siblings are included in that group. (And my parents.) I was able to hang out with my sisters and their hubbys and my parents on Saturday and I get to see my brother this weekend!
10. This Song.